Your sump pump is one of those systems you may not think about until you need it—then you trust it’s working as it should. The good news is that the experts at Barlow Service Experts are here to help whether you want new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Ogden home.
Sump pumps can stop running for a few of different reasons and we’ve possibly witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give Barlow Service Experts a call to come and investigate your issue.
During our visit, we can provide you with a few preventive maintenance tips to help certify your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or specifically, quite the contrary) when you need it most. Our team will examine your sump pump for proper operation and if we see any sign of a potential issue, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is important to take note there are a few easy things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for ideal operation:
- Make sure the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not tilting to one side because it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If time has passed since your sump pump has functioned, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your home and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Barlow Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 801-436-8985
or request an appointment online.