Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in the Wasatch Front region
You might not think about your sump pump until you need it. Then you count on it working correctly so your the Wasatch Front region basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can quit working for a couple of various reasons.
We’ve handled it all. If your pump isn’t running properly, contact the Experts at Barlow Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop operating for a few different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Lack of maintenance
- Undersized unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frozen or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to verify your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is straight and not leaning to one side, since this can cause the pump to not activate when required.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and pulls out the water efficiently.
- During dry conditions, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Barlow Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of insurance to protect your home from water damage, depend on the Experts at Barlow Service Experts to ensure yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 801-436-8985 or request an appointment online.