Gas Line Repair from the Experts in Ogden

If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.

Signs of a gas leak can include the following:

  • The smell of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
  • Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances connected to the gas line, i.e. gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
  • Dead or yellowed grass, plants or other vegetation
  • People in the house complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are dealing with any of these signs and are thinking they are related to a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately, followed by your utility company.

There are cases where the utility company will fix a gas leak, but in a lot of cases the homeowner is on the hook. Luckily, the professionals at Barlow Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are committed to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work comes with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!

GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.

While there are a lot of things to get done around the house that homeowners want to take on by themselves, gas line repair ought to be left up to the experts. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Ogden codes.

From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to fixing gas lines for a heater in your garage, Barlow Service Experts’s expertise have allowed us to do a host of gas line projects in the Ogden community, so no job is too much for our experts.

Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety

As stated before, the first thing you need to do if you are concerned about a gas leak is evacuate your home and then call 911 promptly. After emergency responders are on their way, reach out to your utility company.

Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call Barlow Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.

Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, need to be taken very seriously. Be sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever concerned about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide doesn’t have a scent and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends a few steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
  • Keep gas appliances properly adjusted.
  • Invest in and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
  • Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
  • Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and take care of any leaks promptly.
For more tips on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, check out our blog.
 
Schedule an Appointment
gas line repair