A popping sound is characteristic of an insufficient duct design. This happens when there’s greater airflow than your ductwork can control.
Troubles with your ductwork can create other ventilation and air quality issues, including:
- Too much noise
- Higher energy consumption
- Ahead-of-time system breakdown
- Irregular heating and cooling
- Nonfunctioning AC compressor in the summer
- Overly warm furnace or heat pump in the winter
- Mold expansion within ducts
Contact an experienced company in the Wasatch Front region, like Barlow Service Experts, to look at your home's ventilation system. We can make recommendations for duct repair or installation.