A popping sound is characteristic of an insufficient duct design. This happens when there’s greater airflow than your ductwork can manage.
Troubles with your ductwork can lead to other ventilation and air quality issues, including:
- Too much noise
- Higher energy consumption
- Ahead-of-time system breakdown
- Unbalanced heating and cooling
- Nonfunctioning AC compressor in the summer
- Overly warm furnace or heat pump in the winter
- Mold increase inside ducts
Contact an Expert company in the Wasatch Front region, like Barlow Service Experts, to examine your home's ventilation system. We can make recommendations for duct repair or installation.