Relying on a carbon monoxide detector in a central area is the smartest way to detect this deadly gas. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and is lethal in big amounts.
A carbon monoxide detector is like a smoke alarm. It screens the air and sounds an alarm if carbon monoxide amounts are too high. Ideally, you should use at minimum one detector near each living area, or on every floor in your home. These detectors are best installed in combination with our HVAC maintenance memberships, which keep your unit in the greatest condition and might help you prevent carbon monoxide in the Wasatch Front region.