Summer has made its way to the Wasatch Front region and the last thing you need is your air conditioner malfunctioning during the extreme weather. Help avoid your home’s air conditioner from breaking down with a seasonal A/C system tune-up from Barlow Service Experts.
What exactly is an air conditioning tune-up?
Just like you go to your doctor every year for an exam, an air conditioning tune-up is a yearly visit to make sure your central air conditioning is healthy and operating correctly. Most general A/C system tune-ups will entail calibrating the thermostat, cleaning the condenser coils, checking your refrigerant levels and checking for leaks, inspecting and tightening all electrical components, and evaluating the operation of the blower belt and motor.
air conditioner tune-ups with Barlow Service Experts
When you call Barlow Service Experts for your AC tune-up, our tune-ups include a full visual inspection as well as a detailed cleaning. Read on to see the complete process for our System Inspection and Precision air conditioning tune-up.
- Calibrating thermostat
- Check oil and/or air filters
- Evaluate blower components
- Evaluate air flow
- Examine all electrical connections
- Ensure proper system performance
- Verify quality of installation
- Examine area around AC
- Check AC clearances
- Examine overall condition
- Examine condenser and evaporator coils
- Test starting capabilities
- Assess safety controls
- Measure temperature variation in supply and return
- Survey refrigerant pressure
- Check condensate drains
- Replace or clean standard home air filters
- Tighten the electrical connections
- Assess volts and amps
- Lubricate all moving pieces
- Clean condensate drain
- Administer protective coating
- In-place cleaning of blower components
- Assess cooling cycle
- Administer biocide treatment
- Clean condenser coil
Barlow Service Experts in the Wasatch Front region is currently getting pumped for summer with discounts on A/C system tune-ups and select heating and cooling system upgrades. To learn more or schedule your annual A/C system tune-up, call 801-436-8985 today!