When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water seems clear, it may still be hiding toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people do not like the taste of polluted tap water and understand the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have healthy drinking water nearby.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you might first opt for going the bottled water approach. Sadly, this gets expensive almost immediately. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up damaging the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also deliver healthier water more conveniently because you can get it directly from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to capitalize on the benefits everywhere you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, learn about what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, get in touch with Barlow Service Experts to help you pick out and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but some of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that legal water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your faucets, supplying you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and increases in the water main following severe storms. While typically harmless, sediment will make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in dense cities. However, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Some DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and stick to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that safe, clean water doesn’t have to bring steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s setup, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Barlow Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to scale back water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, straightforward and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Barlow Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.