Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature drops and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more and more, you should also reach for your phone to arrange annual furnace maintenance. Making sure your furnace operates at peak efficiency this winter boosts your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s a closer look at what this crucial yearly task entails and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Is Done During Routine Furnace Maintenance?
A maintenance appointment is a surefire way to get your heating system ready for the cold months. Although the exact tasks depend on the design and age of your system, you can usually expect your technician to complete the following:
- Check and clean the burner: Over time, dirt and debris can obstruct the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it restores ideal heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Making sure these valves are completely open and performing effectively is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Check the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can lead to carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s important to check that no cracks are present.
- Evaluate and tighten electrical elements: Loose connections can make your HVAC unit dangerous and inefficient. Fortunately, tightening them is a fast and easy task.
- Clean the blower: A dirty blower affects your furnace’s ability to move warm air through your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan ensures appropriate airflow.
- Replace the air filter: Clean air filters ensure necessary airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a dirt-filled air filter in your furnace. Installing a brand-new air filter also improves indoor air quality if you choose an effective filtration system.
Why You Should Schedule Routine Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace seems to be running fine, is it still beneficial to arrange a maintenance appointment? Here are some of the ways furnace maintenance is beneficial:
- Decrease mid-season malfunctions: Few things are more discouraging than waking up on a chilly winter morning to learn your furnace has stopped working. Sudden breakdowns are stressful and can leave you scrambling to find a quick fix. Annual furnace maintenance reduces the likelihood of unexpected problems because your service tech inspects every part of your system, catching minor issues before they grow into costly repairs.
- Lower repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the sooner you catch a problem, the less expensive it is to fix. By investing in reasonably priced, scheduled maintenance visits, you can avoid high-priced, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Increase your furnace’s service life: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives routine tune-ups will most likely last longer than a neglected heating system. Annual maintenance helps you avoid the expense of untimely furnace replacement by adding years to your system’s life span.
- Raise energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system runs smoothly and efficiently. When all the elements are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your residence comfortable. This reduces your power bills and lessens your environmental impact.
- Better indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air aggravates allergies and respiratory problems. The air filter in your furnace catches dust, pollen and other airborne contaminants to reduce these conditions. During a maintenance visit, the technician will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air circulates through your home.
- Boosts safety: A failing furnace is not only inefficient, there’s a chance it also might be dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or faulty gas valves can produce dangerous carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has has received a thorough examination during routine maintenance should give you a sense of comfort this winter.
What Season Should You Schedule Your Maintenance Visit?
To reap the most benefits, it’s best to plan annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill gets to your area. This gives you time to make sure any issues are resolved before you begin relying heavily on your heating system.
At-Home Furnace Maintenance Between Tune-Ups
Though professional maintenance is essential, you can perform several tasks yourself to keep your furnace running smoothly between visits:
- Switch out the air filter every 30 to 90 days to optimize airflow.
- Be sure that the home’s return and supply registers are open and free of obstructions for system balance.
- Vacuum the outside of the furnace with the brush attachment to keep it clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance tune-up, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is an HVAC company you can trust. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting answers to all your furnace and air conditioning dilemmas. We’re proud to deliver solutions to our community and are dedicated to making a significant difference in your everyday life and sense of comfort. We even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for your peace of mind. To make sure your furnace is ready for cold weather, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
How to Pick Out an Effective HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more important than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This choice affects your daily comfort, monthly utility expenses and overall home efficiency. Then again, with so many system... Continue reading
Annual HVAC Maintenance Guidelines
Now that the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is key to maintaining a cozy, warm setting. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you crave while using less energy. Routine inspections also make your system... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the ever-evolving world of home comfort technologies, keeping up with the latest HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners seeking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Looking into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing cutting-edge technologies and trends aimed at... Continue reading