Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in the Wasatch Front region, you could be thinking—should you also request furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several factors to think over, as well as the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and increases comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the proper amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A new air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Barlow Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the correct advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your bank account if you get new units at the same time.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is frequently not permanent until the other system stops working. You can skip the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these advantages:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at peak efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and lowering your yearly utility expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at the same time. And you could even qualify for an exclusive deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Barlow Service Experts. We realize the cost of replacing your entire system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are included!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 801-436-8985 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.