Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several aspects to think over, as well as the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and increases comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the right air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the proper amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A new air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Barlow Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your bank account if you install both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is frequently a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can skip the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll enjoy these advantages:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at peak efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and lowering your yearly heating and cooling expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll pay for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at once. And you may even be eligible for an exclusive deal as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Barlow Service Experts. We realize the cost of replacing your complete system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 801-436-8985 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.