Summer is usually a crazy time of year for many families in the Wasatch Front region. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any variety of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded the Wasatch Front region heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the the Wasatch Front region heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Barlow Service Experts a call at 801-436-8985 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is running at its highest level in the the Wasatch Front region heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a breather as it could also be an early sign of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when organizing outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the the Wasatch Front region temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than normal. It can help you cool down a bit faster so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.