Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your air conditioner abruptly breaks down. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for a technician to arrive. Talk about a disaster!
Regular air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this problem. But how can you tell when it’s time for preventive service? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t appear to have a problem? Find out why taking a proactive strategy is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC Experts strongly suggest servicing it at least once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, avoiding potential problems and extending its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal time to get that done. This makes it possible for you to identify and repair developing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to maximizing cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioning tune-up is a comprehensive process involving a variety of steps. This is why DIY repair is not recommended. Here are some key parts of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service call:
- Careful inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioner for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The HVAC specialist uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and counter wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals advise doing this in your own system every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less power to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your air conditioning every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Increased air quality: A clean cooling system translates into better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, consistent AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on premature replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, sudden repairs or system replacements.
To increase your savings, think about signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for year-round savings. Choose from three different plans to suit your needs and budget. You’ll experience several perks no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Certainly, routine AC maintenance is essential for enhancing performance and providing home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, ideally in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with qualified Experts, comprehensive maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or plan your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.