How Do You Look for Carbon Monoxide?

There are many vapors that could be in your the Wasatch Front region house. Natural gas and vapors that originate from household fixtures, flooring and paints. Not a one of them are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Call Barlow Service Experts at 801-436-8985 now to start protecting your family against this harmful gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Bad?

Carbon monoxide may be an emergency, so it’s not a situation to mess around with.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is so unsafe because you cannot observe it, sense it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in low amounts and can’t be purified.

2. It Can Be Lethal Within Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of burnt fuel. It can creep into your home during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. While it depends on how big the leak is and the ventilation in a house, the gas can become fatal in just a few minutes.

Once inhaled, it has a half-life of around five hours. If you are taking in pure air, it requires five hours to remove it from your bloodstream. It will take another five hours to cut that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mimic Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide may also mirror symptoms that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

How to Defend Your Family from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are some ways you can complete to keep your family safe:

  1. Each home with at least one gas furnace, adjoined garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide alarm. It’s necessary to have an alarm on all levels of your home, including the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t have a carbon monoxide system in your house?
    Call Barlow Service Experts at 801-436-8985 to purchase one. Ask our techs about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
  2. If you already use a carbon monoxide alarm, frequently check or swap out the batteries. You should test batteries every season, and replace the system every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide sensor alerts you to danger, get out of your residence without delay and phone 911.

Keep Your Family Safe with Assistance from Barlow Service Experts

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the right precautions your loved ones can be guarded from the dangerous gas. Make the proper changes and call Barlow Service Experts at 801-436-8985 to learn more.