There are many fumes that could be inside your Ogden residence. Natural gas and vapors that originate from household fixtures, flooring and paints. Not a one of them are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.
Call Barlow Service Experts at 801-436-8985 now to start protecting your family against this harmful gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Bad?
Carbon monoxide may be an emergency, so it’s not a situation to mess around with.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is so unsafe because you cannot observe it, sense it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in low doses and can’t be purified.
2. It Can Be Lethal Within Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of burnt fuel. It can creep into your home during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. While it depends on how big the leak is and the ventilation in a residence, it can become lethal in just a few minutes.
Once inhaled, it has a half-life of around five hours. If you are inhaling clean air, it requires five hours to remove it from your bloodstream. It will take another five hours to cut that concentration by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mirror Other Illnesses
Carbon monoxide can also mirror symptoms that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.
How to Guard Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several ways you can complete to keep your family safe:
- Your home with at least one natural gas furnace, connected garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide alarm. It’s necessary to have an alarm on all levels of your home, including the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t have a carbon monoxide alarm in your residence?
Call Barlow Service Experts at 801-436-8985 to get one. Ask our techs about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
- If you already own a carbon monoxide alarm, frequently check or swap out the batteries. You should test batteries every season, and get a new system every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide sensor sounds, get out of your house right away and phone 911.
Keep Your Family Safe with Assistance from Barlow Service Experts
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the right precautions your loved ones can be protected from the toxic gas. Make the proper changes and call Barlow Service Experts at 801-436-8985 to learn more.