No matter what the weather outside in the Wasatch Front region, the temperature inside your house dictates how comfortable your family will seem. Set it just right and your rooms will feel like a nice escape from the world. But if your climate control system isn’t functioning properly, you’ll recognize it. And it won’t be pleasant.
Take time for an in-depth look at the manner you’re managing your heating and cooling equipment. It might make the difference between a superstar system or a poor performer. Take this short quiz from Barlow Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- Hotter days are almost here in the Wasatch Front region. How do you get your system ready?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Make an appointment with the Experts for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing at all. It should be fine.
- You’re having a get-together on a particularly warm night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What’s your first step?
- Ask my attendees to bring cold beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it operating before guests arrive.
- Switch on my fans and pray for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is pretty old. What happens when it’s time for a replacement?
- Allow my contractor to pick one out and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and charges by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Purchase the most intricate system available in the Wasatch Front region.
- When you open your next monthly power bill, what do you think you’ll find?
- It will cost more. My home comfort charges have increased quite a bit.
- It will be similar to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I open it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a funny noise. What’s your next step?
- Grab my toolbox and use a weekend trying to fix it.
- Schedule an Expert technician to take a look.
- Forget about it and pray it ends.
Time to tally your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are on the money. You’re taking care of your equipment and you have a plan for your future replacement. But if you responded to any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you could make a couple of changes to help your HVAC perform more effectively. Read on to find out how.
New HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Schedule Annual Maintenance While changing your air filter and dusting your vents are important tasks to ready your HVAC for a season change, a professional tune-up is necessary to wrap up the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your pro technician will perform a series of tasks that maximize the energy efficiency Expert will be on the lookout for more serious headaches for your system. That could save you an expensive breakdown in the future.
Choose a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained heating and cooling systems can have trouble periodically. And it always seems to occur at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that much needed service to customers at no added cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Well-maintained heating and cooling systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Build an idea of what you want now to avoid last-minute pressure when your machine takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It gives you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. As an added bonus, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and take note when they dramatically change. Your power bills can reveal more than your monthly expenses. If you’re noticing a stable increase in your charges but no change in home comfort, something is likely going on with your equipment. A new high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Call a professional when you detect a weird noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than bothersome. It demonstrates something is off with your machinery. Even if it’s a comparatively small trouble, left alone it could make for a high-priced repair in the future. Don’t try to fix it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to figure out and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you quite a lot when you don’t maintain it. If you apply these tips, you could save time, additional costs and frustration. And if your HVAC just isn’t doing its job anymore, think about choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or request an appointment online. We’re happy to help!