No matter what the season outside, the temperature inside your home dictates how comfortable your family will seem. Set it just right and your rooms will feel like a comfortable escape from the world. But if your climate control system isn’t working properly, you’ll recognize it. And it won’t be pleasant.
Take time to take an in-depth look at the manner you’re managing your heating and cooling equipment. It might make the difference between a superstar system or a problematic performer. Take this quick quiz from Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- Hotter days are almost here. How do you get your system ready?
- Change out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Make an appointment with the Experts for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing at all. It should be fine.
- You’re having a party on a particularly warm night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What’s your first step?
- Advise my attendees to bring cold beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it operating before guests arrive.
- Switch on my fans and pray for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is getting old. What happens when it’s time for a replacement?
- Allow my contractor pick one out and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and charges by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Purchase the most intricate system available.
- When you open your next monthly power bill, what do you think you’ll see?
- It will will cost more. My heating and cooling costs have increased quite a bit.
- It will be close to the charges for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I open it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a funny noise. What’s your next step?
- Grab my toolbox and use a weekend trying to fix it.
- Schedule an Expert technician to take a look.
- Don’t think about it and hope it ends.
Time to tally your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are on the money. You’re taking care of your system and you made a plan for replacement. But if you responded to any of these questions with As or Cs, you can make a few changes to help your HVAC perform more effectively. Read on to learn how.
New HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Schedule Annual Maintenance While changing your air filter and sprucing up your vents are crucial tasks to ready your HVAC for a new season, a professional maintenance visit is critical to complete the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your Expert technician will perform a series of tasks that help out the energy efficiency of your machine. And while they’re there, your HVAC Expert will be on the lookout for more serious headaches for your system. That could save you an expensive breakdown in the future.
Choose an HVAC company that offers emergency repairs. Even rigorously maintained heating and cooling systems can have trouble sometimes. And it always seems to occur at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that much needed service to homeowners at no other cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Many heating and cooling systems can work for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Build an idea of what you want now to avoid last-minute pressure when your machine takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It offers you a new high-efficiency home comfort system with no up-front charges. As an added bonus, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy charges and don’t ignore it when they dramatically change. Your utility bills can reveal more than your monthly expenses. If you’re noticing a stable increase in your charges but no difference in home comfort, something is probably happening with your system. An updated high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Call a professional when you detect a weird noise from your home comfort system. That noise is more than bothersome. It demonstrates something is off with your machinery. Even if it’s a comparatively small trouble, left without professional help it could make for an costly repair in the future. Don’t try to repair it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to figure out and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you quite a lot when you don’t treat it right. If you apply these tips, you could save time, additional costs and frustration. And if your HVAC just isn’t doing its job anymore, consider choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or request an appointment online. We’re happy to help!