It’s frigid outside. Most of the country is layering up for some below freezing weather. And while the Experts are always ready to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water connections.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick test.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Barlow Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.