There are a lot of fun things to do in the fall, especially in the Wasatch Front region. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather sets in. Although the outdoor yard work and home projects are undoubtedly at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider handling early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment arranged.
The team at Barlow Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be completed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the dead of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it performed before the cold and crisp weather sets in in the Wasatch Front region, too. Take a look at some of the top perks of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help ensure that your furnace runs at its peak efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating costs.
- Ensures your furnace is in its best shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at the Wasatch Front region this season.
- Reduces the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to occur on a chilly winter day is have your furnace quit running, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to find potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to create heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to maintain your warranty, so getting regular maintenance performed can save you money if bigger problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional benefits, and getting furnace service done annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the colder months and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Barlow Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in the Wasatch Front region, give us a call at 801-436-8985 or schedule an appointment with Barlow Service Experts through our online scheduler.