Scheduling annual AC maintenance is useful.
Service keeps your air conditioning equipment in the Wasatch Front region running at its best performance while keeping energy usage low. It also may even help lengthen its life expectancy.
While there are a couple jobs you can complete by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Barlow Service Experts, for AC inspections and service.
Here are a few steps you can take on your own as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that entails a large portion of house, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter weather approaching, it’s also a good idea to add AC maintenance on that list.
Spring is the best time of year to get your cooling unit cleaned and inspected. Waiting to switch it on until the first warm day of the year can be dicey. If you have to schedule repair or replacement, you might be waiting days for an appointment. And that can turn very uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, AC service can be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance on My Own?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your AC equipment in the top order:
- Put in a new air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and could lower your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the kind you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is very important if you deal with allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn work near the exterior condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your AC system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have dropped into your unit, as this may block airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you call Barlow Service Experts at 801-436-8985, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then our pros get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your unit and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to provide safe operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially avoid problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to remove any buildup from soil and vegetation.
- Examining controls to ensure your system is switching on, cooling and shutting off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that require further service, we are set to provide you the most reasonable solution. Uncovering likely issues in a timely manner could solve more expensive troubles later on. This also gives you time to plan if your AC is aging.
When you are looking for an updated air conditioner, our Experts will assist you to find the best solution for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system fit your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to request your service? Give us a call at 801-436-8985 or schedule an appointment online now.