Scheduling annual AC maintenance is useful.
Service keeps your air conditioning unit in the Wasatch Front region running at its top performance while keeping energy usage low. It also may even help lengthen its life expectancy.
While there are several jobs you can complete alone, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Barlow Service Experts, for AC inspections and service.
Here are a few steps you can take on your own as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that involves a large portion of house, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier weather approaching, it’s also a good idea to add AC maintenance on that list.
Spring is the best time of year to get your air conditioning unit cleaned and inspected. Waiting to flip it on until the first warm day of the year can be dicey. If you have to have repair or replacement, you might be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that can become very uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality during pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning upkeep can be mandatory for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance on My Own?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the top order:
- Put in a new air filter. Dirty filters restrict airflow and could reduce your equipment’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the kind you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is very important if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn work by the outdoor condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your AC equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have collected inside your unit, since this may block airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Barlow Service Experts at 801-436-8985, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then our Experts get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your unit and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide safe operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially avoid problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to remove any buildup from soil and vegetation.
- Examining controls to ensure your system is turning on, operating and turning off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that require further service, we are set to offer you the most reasonable choice. Finding possible troubles promptly may solve more expensive issues later on. This also gives you time to plan if your system is getting older.
When you are looking for an updated air conditioner, our Experts will assist you to find the ideal equipment for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system fit your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to book your service? Give us a call at 801-436-8985 or schedule an appointment online right away.