Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heater or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in the Wasatch Front region and keeping bills low.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and reduce costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power bills low.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in updated cooling systems is a big benefit for keeping your electricity charges down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to expertly use your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the smaller your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can try a couple other methods to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and change the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy charges down. If you conclude it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the correct solution for your house. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.