Spring is nice for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for fresh air and your energy bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your heater or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in the Wasatch Front region and keeping costs low.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power bills low.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in updated cooling systems is a huge benefit for keeping your electricity bill down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort expenses. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the smaller your home comfort cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can take advantage of a few other approaches to help keep your house at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and suddenly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and change the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy bills down. If you conclude it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 801-436-8985 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the correct solution for your home. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.