Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide: Take the Proper Steps to Detect

There are many potential gases that could exist in your home. Natural gas, radon, and gases and vapors released from household furnishings, carpeting, flooring and paints. But nothing is as harmful as carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide is scary and may even be a matter of life and death, so it should not be treated lightly. This toxic gas is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. A by-product of burnt fuel, carbon monoxide can make its way into your home when the heat exchanger on a gas furnace cracks, allowing carbon monoxide to leak. Depending on how big the leak is and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide can become fatal in a matter of minutes, or the gas could cause symptoms that have been misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

There is no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Here’s what you can do:

  1. If you do not have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home, call Barlow Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning in Ogden to purchase one. Ask us about affordable WiFi carbon monoxide detectors like the Nest Protect.
  2. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, be sure to regularly check or replace the batteries. Testing should be done every 90 days, and the detector should be replaced every 3 to 5 years.
  3. If you hear the carbon monoxide detector alarm go off, or start having some of the symptoms listed above, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary and with the proper steps your family can be protected from the hazardous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Barlow Service Experts in Ogden at 801-436-8985 to learn more.

Barlow Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
2869 Commerce Way, Unit 1
Ogden, Utah 84401

Phone: 801-436-8985
Email: barlow@serviceexperts.com
8114026-5501